During the COVID-19 pandemic, to protect our patients and our staff we have had to put a number of procedures in place as follows:
- All appointments will be done via telephone triage and you will only be invited up to the surgery by a Clinician if absolutely necessary.
- Treatment area appointments such as vaccines or dressings have been significantly reduced but if you need or have an appointment it will be discussed beforehand to see whether this can go ahead or be postponed.
- The front doors will be locked but an intercom has been installed that you will need to ring if you have to attend the surgery.
- Prescriptions can be requested by phone, post, your pharmacy, letter box (at the front of the building) or online via Patient Access if you are registered for this service.
- All prescriptions will be sent electronically to your nominated pharmacy.
If you or anyone in your household has symptoms of COVID-19, please do NOT attend the surgery, You must follow the isolation guidelines as set by the Government.
If you attend the surgery you MUST wear a face covering. Unfortunately the practice does not have sufficient stock to provide these.
Redwell Medical Centre would like to thank all of its patients for their understanding during this difficult time.